In one hour
Admire, be filled with wonder, be enthusiastic
In an hour’s drive, you can easily reach :
- Strasbourg and its magnificent cathedral with the astronomical clock, the numerous museums, the visits by boat on Ill, the European Parliament ;
You can, of course, go within one hour by train to Strasbourg (numerous returns during the day).
- You can, of course, go within one hour by train to Strasbourg (numerous returns during the day).
- And Nancy, the magnificent restored Place Stanislas…
- For those who want to know everything about Sainte Odile’s history, a pilgrimage to the convent is essential …
- Is also required a visit to the Haut-Koenigsbourg, fortified castle of the XII th and XV / XVI th centuries; not far away at Kienzheim, you’ll take the opportunity to learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Raptors in Eagle Park.
To laugh, amuse
- And as you are in this area, do not miss the Monkey Mountain : guaranteed success with kids!
- For steam trains’ nostalgics : driving a hundred years old locomotive together with the mechanic ?Why not on the Train Forestier of Abreschviller in Lorraine ;
- And not far away, discover the inclined plane of Lutzelbourg, a boat lift replacing 17 locks on the Canal de la Marne au Rhin : technical, but very interesting !
- For a souvenir or just for pleasure of eyes, visit the crystal manufacture of Baccarat or Meisenthal, as well as the Lalique Museum in St. Louis the Bitche : just beautiful !
- And to spend an dream evening, go to the Royal Palace in Kirrwiller, whose reputation is now well established.