In one hour
ADMIRE, BE FILLED WITH WONDER, BE ENTHUSIASTIC :
In an hour’s drive, you can easily reach :
- Strasbourg and its magnificent cathedral with the astronomical clock, the numerous museums, the visits by boat on Ill, the European Parliament ;
You can, of course, go within one hour by train to Strasbourg (numerous returns during the day).
- Colmar, the small “Venise”, the walks in flat boats on La Lauch, the Unterlinden’s, Bartholdi’s museums, and those one of the Toy which will delight Small and Big…
- And Nancy, the magnificent restored Place Stanislas…
- For those who want to know everything about Sainte Odile’s history, a pilgrimage to the convent is essential …
- Is also required a visit to the Haut-Koenigsbourg, fortified castle of the XII th and XV / XVI th centuries; not far away at Kienzheim, you’ll take the opportunity to learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Raptors in Eagle Park.
TO LAUGH, AMUSE
- and as you are in this area, do not miss the Monkey Mountain : guaranteed success with kids! for steam trains’ nostalgics : driving a hundred years old locomotive together with the mechanic? Why not on the Train Forestier of Abreschviller in Lorraine ;
- and not far away, discover the inclined plane of Lutzelbourg, a boat lift replacing 17 locks on the Canal de la Marne au Rhin : technical, but very interesting !
- for a souvenir or just for pleasure of eyes, visit the crystal manufacture of Baccarat or Meisenthal, as well as the Lalique Museum in St. Louis the Bitche : just beautiful !
- and to spend an dream evening, go to the Royal Palace in Kirrwiller, whose reputation is now well established.